Monday, June 3, 2013

UGCSI - A NEW EDUCATION

Ivan Chihale
Ivan Chihale is the Chairman of UGCSI Chancellor's Advisory Council. Ivan lives is Mozambique, Africa and is a graduate of United Graduate College and Seminary International. 
_____________________________

     First of all I would like to thank God for the opportunity that He has given me to cooperate with this worldwide visionary institution, which was also feasible through the connection that I have with Dr. Hermenegildo Cuamba, my great friend and mentor, who invited and introduced me to this institution.
     Cooperating with UGCSI is both great and intriguing, since it was the first foreign education institution that I have worked with. It has been a big challenge to adjust to the kind of education that the school offers. I am used to working as a teacher, but the difference is that with other institutions we would just teach and convey education, whilst at UGCSI one has to teach to transform, teach to inspire, teach to motivate, teach by leading and exemplifying and furthermore, teach to produce thinkers and producers of knowledge. Being an instructor at UGCSI, for me, has meant to prepare the students to impact and live together in a changing world, where things and people move quickly, knowledge is renewed daily, and distances shorten rapidly.
     It is a great adventurous challenge especially when we consider that today’s education is undergoing change at an unprecedented rate. Today’s students need new skills, taught in new ways. Teachers need to develop new material and deliver it differently. And at the end of the day I realize that I help many students in shaping, bursting their knowledge and talents, and inspiring them to be thinkers, as we have had many testimonies in this process. Henceforth, what remains is to continue to learn and grow, and help as many as we can, and as it was said: “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also” (KJV, 2 Timothy 2.2).
Ivan Dumace Chihale, MA
Maputo, Mozambique

No comments:

Post a Comment