Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Building Hope In The Next Generation - Kingdom Character



Prof. Donella Pitzl has an International Professorship through Kayiwa International University and is an International Certified Master Life Coach. Prof. Donella’s doctorate work is in Biblical Counseling with an emphasis on Kingdom Character Building through United Graduate College and Seminary International. She has over 40 years of Christian education and ministry experience and has written several training materials and curriculum for children, youth, seminary students and ministry volunteers.
____________________________

Our future is held in the lives of our youth and our children. It is embodied in their training, mindsets, hopes and desires. Every generation faces challenges and needs encouragement to become all that God has created them to be. Good biblical principles built into the understanding of our young will allow them the ability to tap into the life God has to give them.
From Psalm 119, I have captured and paraphrased “22 Principles for Life”. When God’s Truth is applied to daily living with a practical application, it will bring hope by creating a lasting foundation. The way one looks at life will shape that life. What is understood about God - His love and care - will help one live in wholeness fulfilling God’s intentions for each generation on the Earth giving them a future and a hope.
The 22 Principles of Life – From Psalm 119
  1. I am blessed when I live according to God’s principles; I will not suffer shame – Ps. 119:1, 6
  2. The Lord keeps my heart pure when I live according to His Word and seek Him with all my heart – Ps. 119:9-11
  3. My eyes are kept open that I can continue to see the path; God’s principles are my counselor – Ps. 119:18,24
  4. Even when my heart is tired and sad,  I am strengthened by His principles; on this path I find freedom – Ps. 119:28, 32
  5. I know I can ask the Lord to direct my thoughts and to keep my eyes on Him; His ways preserve my life in righteousness – Ps. 199:33, 35, 40
  6. My hope in God brings freedom and puts strength in my words – Ps. 119:45, 46
  7. I find comfort in hard times because I know God promises to keep me because I keep His principles – Ps. 119:50,56
  8. I know if I turn my face towards God and stay diligent, I will find strength – Ps. 119:59, 61
  9. I am thankful for hard times because they help me learn about God – Ps. 119:71
  10. God made me and I can trust Him to teach me; I can trust His love to comfort me – Ps. 119:73,76
  11. I know I can trust God’s commands  even in the face of hardship – Ps. 119:86
  12. I realize although there is nothing perfect in life, I am unlimited as God’s principles are without limits – Ps. 119:96
  13. I believe God’s principles rather than my enemies make me wiser – Ps. 119:98
  14. I know God directs my path and even if others would try and trap me, I will happily stay on God’s path for my future – Ps. 119:105,110,111
  15. I will stay singularly focused on God’s principles because they keep me and bring me life – Ps. 119:113,116
  16. Loving and knowing God’s principles helps me hate every wrong path – Ps. 119:127,128
  17. I realize God always shows mercy to those that love His name and He will not let any sin rule over me – Ps. 119:132,133
  18. I can live because I trust in God’s principles which are true  – Ps. 119:138,144
  19. I understand God has established His words to last forever and if I stay focused on them, I do not have to be afraid – Ps. 119:148,149,152
  20. I believe God defends me and saves my life because of His compassion – Ps. 119:154,156
  21. I see it is good to praise God and be thankful because He keeps me, knows all about me and gives me peace – Ps. 119:165,168
  22.  If I stray off the right path and yet not forget His principles, God will find me. Lord let me live that I might praise You – Ps. 119:175,176
Note: All Scripture verses are paraphrased from the New International Version of the Bible.
_______________________

Active engagement is important. If the young people of today were to engage in the following activities, God would bring hope to the areas in life that are troubling and create a strong foundation in God for success in life.
    • Write a statement about how you see yourself.
    • Identify your area(s) of distress or hopelessness. Apply at least one of the 22 Principles of Life and on a daily basis declare it loudly over yourself.
    • Identify an area where you can act upon daily to put your thinking on a right path.
    • If you do not believe in God, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  (NIV, Luke 11.9) You must ask for help from God.
Applying the Truth from God’s Word to the belief system of a young life will form that life to walk in God’s Kingdom with stability and bring change to their world and reality. Scripture confirms we can experience life – as in Heaven, so on Earth when we see through God’s eyes and believe His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment